7D mark II Upgrade to which Camera for Sport action and Birds ( 90D ist not an option)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Distinctly Average Senior Member • Posts: 1,165
Re: 7D mark II Upgrade to which Camera for Sport action and Birds ( 90D ist not an option)

Rexgig0 wrote:

Some thoughts:

How is the 7D Mark II limiting you, at this point in time? If not, why upgrade? I still see some impressive bird images posted by users of the 7D Mark II.

Would better lenses be helpful, perhaps? When the rest of the internet seemed to be so worried that there was not yet a successor to the original 7D, I upgraded lenses and Speedlites.

Have you considered any of the 5D series cameras? I added a 5Ds R in 2016, and a 5D Mark III in 2018. These did not replace my pair of 7D Mark II cameras, but have complemented them.

I actually shifted to Nikon, for birds, in 2018/2019. My wife, was, and is, a dedicated Nikon shooter, and it made sense for us to share big, expensive telephoto lenses, for just one camera system. I still use Canon for macro photography, and much general photography, and have many more Canon Speedlites than Nikon Speedlights, so, I am not quitting Canon, but I have certainly hit the “pause” button, when it comes to buying Canon cameras and lenses.

I would guess he has worn it out rather than it be limiting. Many 7D2 users are in the same boat, myself included. Hopefully mine will hang on a bit longer and that Canon will have a suitable crop replacement soon.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow