K3III Sensor Stain

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
klimbkat
OP klimbkat Senior Member • Posts: 2,525
Re: K3III Sensor Stain

xmeda wrote:

Its better to have the shutter and mirror mechanism well lubricated than to have it dry
And it is just oil.. get some sensor cleaning swab moistured with isopropylalcohol and just clean it and be happy.

When I bought one of first K20D it spitted few oil drops on sensor about a week after purchase. I've cleanded it using corner of microfiber cloth slightly moistured with alcohol and it was gone. That camera works even today and made me over 56k images.

It is just machine. Not magical blackbox. Its like with cars. Years ago people were used to change battery, oil, filters and check brakes themselves. Nowdays some diode blinks on dashboard and people are rushing to service...

With all due respect, this is not useful. Neither you nor I - nor a VERY experienced tech who tried a wet clean - knows what the substance is. The one thing I know for absolute certain is that this is a brand new camera meaning the problem is Pentax' and I have no business potentially adding to the problem with DIY stuff.  I have other bodies I can use until Pentax resolves this problem.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow