Video exposure question - Sony A7Riv

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Zendit_Outdoors Junior Member • Posts: 37
Video exposure question - Sony A7Riv

I'm confused, lol!

I was playing around with my A7Riv in video mode and I don't understand what the camera was giving me. I have it set on 4k 24p with a frame rate of 50fps and on Aperture Priority and the lens I'm using is a 16-28mm f/4 G OSS. I had a CPL filter on the lens as I don't have any ND's yet. I have Zebras turned 'on' and set at '100.' I tried White Balance set to auto and I tried it set on "sunny." I was shooting in strong daylight. I had the zebras showing up in the sky until I increased the aperture to around f/22 - at that point the zebras disappeared but then the shutter speed started to blink. Isn't that a signal that the speed isn't adequate? If I opened up the shutter, to (say) f/18 the shutter speed would quit blinking but the dang zebras would reappear!

I'm pretty confused here. Can anyone explain what the problem is - why can't I disappear the zebras without having the shutter speed blink at me? I was facing away from the sun and I didn't think I should have to close down the aperture THAT much to get a proper exposure. It was hard to see in the monitor but the image seemed dark to me. even at like f/16 but those zebras were still there. *scratches head*

Any help would sure be appreciated - Is this the right section to post something like this?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow