Win 11 system requirements and compatibility talk

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Austinian
MOD Austinian Forum Pro • Posts: 11,911
Re: Win 11 Security - Defender

filibuster wrote:

Now here’s a thing: Installed without issue, Win 11 on two Dell laptops thanks to Bouldergramp popping the link to the UUP Dump Tool. On both, and on bootup, I get Defender notifying ‘Windows Security - Actions Recommended’. ‘Virus & Threat Protection’. ‘Turn On’. Which I do. But subsequent reboots or shutdown and boot ups, the same message - every time. (Both laptops). Anyone else experiencing the same, with a resolution?

I've currently got two Insider laptops with 11; one does what you say, the other works properly. They're both Dell Inspiron 2in1s, i5-6200U 15" and i5-1135G7 17".

The odd thing is, the newer, 11-compliant laptop is the one with the problems! I've tried a number of workarounds, and nothing has worked. I'm just waiting for a later release that will (hopefully) solve that problem and a glitch where I have no choice of lockscreen image despite tweaking the Registry and a few other attempted fixes. I can, and did, turn off the lockscreen image rather than see the default image.

These things are minor annoyances, but I hope they're eventually fixed.

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony a7R IV Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow