Horacecoker wrote:

Roxy1945 wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Elliern wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Handheld

Great shot!

hover mouse on photo to see exif for it

Different light different result. Perfect light on this one.

Exactly. It's madness to advise the OP to set the ISO to 125. Auto ISO would have set the native ISO of the camera here which would be 100. If the light was poorer 125 ISO would almost certainly have resulted in camera shake for the OP.

So you are saying 125 will create camera shake? Then get a tripod!!!!

Now you are being silly. The whole thread is about photographing birds. By the time you set a tripod up, most birds will have gone. Ever tried using a tripod on BIF? Also, a slow shutter speed on a tripod would be useless as most birds fidget about (especially small ones) and the images would suffer from motion blur. We can't all photograph semi-tame

Not semi tame it is in a tree in the wild in state of Maine, but like you say STILL

huge motionless Bald Eagles nailed to a perch.

ok whatever

I should have stated using A Mode which sets the ISO according to F:Stop for still images not moving birds which then I would use S Mode

Anyways the big problem is she used ISo 400 with F:8 (Which is the big problem) for this image which is giving her problems

And not pixel peeping with a little denoising and sharpening ain't half bad?

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow