70-200G Lens shocked by sony not having parts anymore

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
toughluck Veteran Member • Posts: 3,713
Re: 70-200G Lens shocked by sony not having parts anymore

SwissShooter wrote:

My 70~200G stopped focussing under 7m in manual and AF and as I used it as my main lens for shooting horse jumping contests on my A7R3 and A73 I decided to send it in for repair. (Switzerland) I already had the lens repaired 5 years ago beacause the AF motor had stopped working and O had to pay around 900USD As this time it was obvious that I had a mechanical issue with a ring that didn’t grip the focus under 7m I expected a reasonable repair fee. What a shock when I received the note from the official Sony repair partner in Switzerland that told me that the parts to repair were no longer available. A professional lens for 3000 USD and I can scrap it now? I am so disappointed and will certainly write a letter to Sony but this will be my last Sony lens. ( and I had literally all the cameras after the Minolta A7 down to Slt , finally changed to the A7 bodies where I am on my 3rd and have most of the lenses from Sony from Fisheye to 70-400G . I cannot imagine Nikon or Canon not having spare parts for their G grade lenses. Way to go Sony…

If you have two full frame bodies, you're eligible for Sony Pro Services. You might want to check it out, I remember they had something regarding priority service and parts availability among the options. It might be possible that they're reserving those parts for registered pros.

toughluck's gear list:toughluck's gear list
Sony a99 II Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EXX
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow