Partition Mojave HD to run Sierra

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
JohnNewman
OP JohnNewman Contributing Member • Posts: 919
Re: Easiest method

silentstorm wrote:

If your laptop is really the old 17", just removed the drive and buy a new SSD SATA drive.

Put in the new SSD drive and plug in the Sierra installer USB. Install should be a breeze from here.

Get an external enclosure for the Mojave drive. Use it as an external boot drive if u need to use Mojave OS.

This is by far the simplest and easiest method for getting back Sierra OS & no need to reinstall everything again in Mojave.

Thanks for your input. I’m fine with Mojave for just about everything apart from this one application that is actually on the 17”‘s HD. So could I remove this HD from the old machine as you suggest, put in an external enclosure and boot my MacBook Air from there if it was connected by USB?

If that worked I could carry on using my MBAir as normal and just attach the old (enclosed) HD when needed?

Thanks again,

John

JohnNewman's gear list:JohnNewman's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Nikon Z fc Nikon Z 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR Nikon Z 50-250mm F4.5-6.3 VR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow