Made the Leap

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Godfrey Forum Pro • Posts: 29,509
Re: Made the Leap

tedwill48167 wrote:

I finally did it. I ordered the M10-R, the Summilux 50 1.4 and a leather case. I'm super excited about starting my learning path for the rangefinder. I did not order the visoflex or other accessories (yet). Any advice on getting started is welcome. I have a lot of experience shooting SLRs and DSLRs, but I know this will be completely different.

I don't know why you think the experience is going to be "completely different" ... It's just a camera, likely with less automation than you're used to, that's all.

Read the manual, play with the menus, and work with the rangefinder to learn how to use the focusing system ... and then just go make photographs. Any Leica M is essentially a pretty simple camera, with a limited range of features to learn and use. You have manual focus only, you have manual exposure or aperture priority AE. That's pretty much it.

Focus, set exposure, frame, and release the shutter ... same as you would with any camera ... that's the essence of it. It's neither difficult nor something to be afraid that you can't master.

G

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow