This Canon shooter just bought a Fuji!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CaNikonianite
CaNikonianite Regular Member • Posts: 135
This Canon shooter just bought a Fuji!

Hello Fuji camp! I'm moving in.

Just bought (stole) an X-H1 + 16-55mm bundle for a ridiculous price and managed to negotiate with the seller to throw in an EF-X500 flash for a c-note more. This will be my first Fuji in over a decade when I used to shoot with an S3 Pro. So I'm not a complete newbie. LOL.

I missed the colors I was getting straight out of the camera from Fuji and I bought this specifically for jpeg shooting and those gorgeous Classic Chrome and Acros film simulations. Kinda overkill, I know. But I dabbled with the X-E3 paired with 35mm f1.4 and found that while I was getting great photos with this kit, I was also getting blurry images here and there because the AF was too slow with that combo. Someone said I should switch to the 35 f2 but I'm kind of a bokeh addict. I'm wondering if the X-H1 could work better with the 35 f1.4 that way I can justify keeping it. But it may be redundant with the 16-55.

The selling point for me was the IBIS and the tilt screen. I considered the X-S10 but the fully articulating screen was a deal breaker for me as I sometimes shoot from the hip. I also thought about the XT-3 with better AF but it didn't have IBIS and the ergonomics I found lacking. XT-4 is out of budget since I still have one foot in the Canon FF camp (I like to experiment with tilt-shift lenses soon).

So that's all. I couldn't contain my excitement and thought I'd drop a line. I think I'm gonna like my new toy and I look forward to learning from you all!

Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow