Sooc shots of Osprey. Not sharp, Lots of noise

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 51,210
Re: Sooc shots of Osprey. Not sharp, Lots of noise

Elliern wrote:

Thanks, Alwyn for replying. I assumed my problems were operator error, too.
**One thing though, I always use f4 as you suggested and I just looked to be sure it hadn’t moved and is still on f4. So how is it possible for it to show as f8 and f9???

The aperture ring works only in Aperture priority and Manual modes.

I did have it set to Shutter priority because I originally was attempting to shoot flying birds earlier and didn’t reset it to A, totally my fault. You and others suggested various settings for me to use when I wasn’t happy with my results, early on; including getting Stephen Ingraham’s book on the RX10 iv, which I did. So somewhere in my settings, I have a combination of recommended settings.
I will give it a try again today with only 100% your settings and see how it goes. That f8 and f9 you are seeing still bothers me though.
Thanks so much for you help and kindness in pointing out my mistakes. I will post another sooc shot with my results.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow