Popcorn thread: What will be Canon's answer to the Nikkor Z f/1.8 primes? Locked

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
This thread is locked.
Promit Senior Member • Posts: 2,083
Re: Popcorn thread: What will be Canon's answer to the Nikkor Z f/1.8 primes?

Canon has made their intentions clear: they are gunning for the professional crowd. They threw budget shooters a bone with the STM series but pricing on lenses like the new 14-35 f/4 should leave zero doubts about who this system is for and what what price point they intend to deliver it at. While I'm sure the systems will equalize someday, it looks like "mid range pricing" is not on the RF roadmap any time soon.

Personally I debated for some time whether the Sony A1 would actually more or less equalize in price with the R5 when taking lenses into account - not equivalent lenses but the lenses I would buy with Sigma/Tamron options in the mix too. I made the call for Canon after deciding I was okay adapting EF glass to fill these gaps for a while.

Promit's gear list:Promit's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KZ7
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow