GFX100S Low Light Performance

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
goodbokeh
goodbokeh Senior Member • Posts: 1,196
Re: GFX100S Low Light Performance

Rodenmg wrote:

Thank you. All were shot JPG, Auto ISO3200, Nost Neg, with some cropping and some small lighting adjustments in Photoshop. I’m very happy shooting this way but I know I need to learn to process raw. It seems whenever I do I struggle to get the image to look as nice as the ooc jpg.

Yes, the 100S Jpegs are great quality. I record them with the Color Chrome Red & Blue settings enabled and the Dynamic Range on Auto (not Dynamic Range Priority). I record Raw also and post process through Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop where I have the Adobe & Fuji film simulations to choose from. I often use the Jpegs direct but if I do use Raw the Jpeg is still valuable as an excellent reference standard to judge my Raw work.

One of the rabbit holes with Raw processing (for me) is the higher ISOs and the effective control of noise and subsequent need to compensate the sharpening. Through a tip of another forum member (Joe Colson) I tried Topaz DeNoise and it has been a great program to control that rabbit hole. I use it as a plug-in filter with my Photoshop. It can also be launched as a stand alone program where a file can be dragged and dropped into it. It can even help out noisy Jpegs.

goodbokeh's gear list:goodbokeh's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro3 Leica M10 Monochrom Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm GFX 100S Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow