Win 11 system requirements and compatibility talk

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Austinian
MOD Austinian Forum Pro • Posts: 11,911
Re: Will security requirements help with ransomware protection?

abelits wrote:

Austinian wrote:

As an individual with only single-user PCs to protect, I fortunately have a much simpler task than IT professionals; I can't begin to grasp the difficulties involved in restoring function to enormous, widely distributed networks after a successful attack.

Restoring everything on a large network is easy -- just use images stored offline and update them from the last known good backup. Because when someone operates a large network, it's not a big deal to have backup that requires multiples of total storage space of all servers, or perform backup procedures that involve physically moving media.

Then recovering from even a massive corporate malware attack is easy!

On the other hand, a home user would never buy a backup appliance with even twice the storage space of his PC, leave alone manually move backup media in and out to ensure that at least one known-good copy is physically inaccessible.

(I hope you are joking.)

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony a7R IV Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow