S5 or S1

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Off The Mark Veteran Member • Posts: 5,077
Re: S5 or S1

@Daft Punk makes an excellent point when he states:

You should be prepared for realising that often ( when taking images in good light ) you will not see any major improvement in image quality over your G9 when looking at images at normal viewing distance.

I have delivered thousands of images to paying clients over the last six years or so and have used aps-c cameras with phase detect pixels (my Sony a6x00 series cameras) as well as Panasonic L series cameras and my old Nikon D750 and old Nikon aps-c D7000 camera. None of my clients have ever complained about the images.

In fact, the images that I have shot that made it as two-page spread in magazines for advertisements were shot on my aps-c Sony a6500 (with on-sensor phase-detect pixels).

The only issue I might take with Daft Punk's assessment above is that - for MY style of shooting - during bright daylight and high-contrast scenes, I can see a noticeable difference in dynamic range compared to shooting on my m43 Olympus E-M1 MK II.

-- hide signature --

What Middle School Is Really Like:
https://youtu.be/Q1Xtz5EqMuo

Off The Mark's gear list:Off The Mark's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a5100 Sony a6300 Sony a6500 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow