Nikon Z f

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP acfo Senior Member • Posts: 1,172
Re: Nikon Z f

shuncheung wrote:

[...]. At least I wouldn't adapt those old AI/AI-S lenses on it. The FTZ is already very bulky as it is. I wouldn't want to add any AF motor or the mechanism to support to legacy aperture ring.

There's enough space in an AI/AI-S to Z mount adapter to add an AF motor there. The lack of IBIS would put me off using this body with old glass.

Unlike the Df, the Zfc is about auto focus, video capture (a feature deliberately missing on the Df). What is really missing are 2, 3 more DX lenses in the Z mount, especially a economical wide zoom such as 10-20mm DX, etc. to match the Z50 and Zfc.

Any FX retro Z body is going to have the same adapter issues if people want to adapt those old, non-AF-S F-mount lenses onto it. IMO, an FX retro body should be a DSLR, not a Z.

It is my understanding that IBIS is easier to integrate in a mirrorless body than in a DSLR.

acfo's gear list:acfo's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow