S5 or S1

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
MOD Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 43,200
A shout for multiple camera bodies

I have kept pretty well all my Panasonic camera bodies in service - from the tiny GM5, the GX7, GX9 the G9 and the S1.  I have plenty of lenses and tend to swap camera bodies as much as lenses - this means I have a body size for just about every occasion. From discreet carry-about shoots to the full brouhaha semi-commercial theatre shoots with a S1 and my new Canon EF 5Ds (never to be obsoleted) that I could never make myself afford when first released.  I can take up to five camera “sets” to the theatre and do the shoot without ever having to change a lens in a darkened environment in a hurry and a live production waits for no photographer.

Physical size is not an issue at fixed locations and if I am using fast and large lenses on a tripod then the camera body size in immaterial.

But one camera body, many lenses is still the most common use paradigm.   I have adopted the the swappable systems camera  years ago - several camera sizes mix and match with all my lenses (in the same mount system of course).

I am hoping that Panasonic will repeat their M4/3 experience in L-Mount where they offer many shapes and sizes of camera bodies that can use the full range of L-mount lenses.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow