Re: Canon R7

thunder storm wrote:

MikeJ9116 wrote:

thunder storm wrote:

MikeJ9116 wrote:

PicPocket wrote:

palombian wrote:

When I read the interview with the Canon executive on this matter:

> Will the RF mount grow to incorporate APS-C format cameras? Or are you committed to the separate EF-M mount for APS-C?

We can’t comment on specific plans, but APS-C size cameras are popular due to their size, weight and telephoto range advantages compared to full-frame cameras. We will listen to customers’ opinion and consider possible options.<

for me this says they even didn't start thinking about the R7.

To me, it simply sounds like - we weren't going to tell you until we announce. But we know apsc has a place in the market, so not ignoring that

I doubt he would have said anything more even if an R7 was ready to launch. That is not how most companies operate these days

Canon will not telegraph the release of any APS-C R camera until they are ready to kill off the M system. Why announce now, or early, and have M sales drop like a stone? They will milk the M system for all they can first.

A used RP is 750 euro. Who's gonna buy aps-c after a few years of milking?

I will. Do you not understand why many people still want APS-C cameras or the marketing reasons for Canon to provide them?

Compactness and price. A 7D style RF body won't be compact. It won't be affordable too. The M line is relatively affordable today, however, full frame prices are coming down, and will come down further.

So the reasons for aps-c are slowly disappearing, except for the fact M will be a bit more compact. For a 7D style RF camera that will never be the case anyway.

The 7D2 was never small. It is not about weight of the body, but of the system. It is about getting pixels on subject and with the 7D2 we can walk around with a 100-400 instead of say a 600mm. That saves weight, and cost for a similar number of pixels on our chosen subject. Yes, I do own FF kit and know how well it works, but for many situations it is not the best tool for the job. This is where choice is great, and having a high end crop allows me to get shots I would otherwise miss.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow