Well, dealing with Fuji's RAW files is making me want to return my X-S10

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
21William Contributing Member • Posts: 670
Re: For RAW shooters, PP is a necessary investment

Jerry-astro wrote:

Not to be overly judgmental, but I’m always astonished at the amount of money people are willing to spend on kit (camera, lenses, tripods, etc.) yet hesitant to invest in software needed to process images.

I don’t disagree but appearances can be deceptive. The X-H1 I bought last year was way out of budget when it first came out but was very desirable at the £699 new I paid for it. I similarly managed to get a couple of new lenses at a good discount. I wasn’t unhappy to pay the one off £60 for LR some years back and it still works fine with my old Pentax. The real problem with Adobe software for those on a tight budget is the constant drip, drip of cash out of their bank account whether they’re using the software or not. This of course is where free or modestly priced one-off paid software becomes attractive. The fact that some of it works extremely well is an added bonus. I should add that I’ve always liked Adobe Software and used several packages at work.

21William's gear list:21William's gear list
Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow