GX9 - portraits & landscapes

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP LancashireLisa Junior Member • Posts: 37
Re: GX9 - portraits & landscapes

Hi Maggie

Thanks for responding, it's good to read that you also get some great results from the GX9 with kit lens. I've taken lots of shots I'm really pleased with.

Where I've struggled though is with loss of detail in the shadows, usually in low light situations (when I don't have a tripod with me) such as early morning in Autumn/Winter. People have been so helpful suggesting different lenses, systems & ways of shooting.

I also would like to start taking more portraits, again people have made some great suggestions.

Since first posting I've had a couple of wedding enquiries (I guess with everything opening back up again) which I've turned down as I don't have the right kit/experience. So it's deciding whether to move forward with the GX9 & invest in a new lens or two or go for a different system that I can add to over time.

Initially I think I'm going to explore everyone's suggestions regarding the GX9 & it's capabilities & also cost up the other systems/lenses.

Many thanks Lisa

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow