S5 or S1

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Jsake
Jsake Regular Member • Posts: 188
Re: S5 or S1

neile2010 wrote:

hi all,

I am putting in my G9 , exchanging to full Frame....

I am slightly hesitant , should I go for the S5 with 20-60 , or the S1 with 24-105 f4.

I have covered all reviews and YouTube etc, differences are clear, but I would greatly appreciate some of your views, and input.

fortunately, size , weight, cost, are just in my budget ........(just about)

thanks in advance for any feedback

Neil

I’m an S5 user, more so because i wanted the fully articulating screen, the lighter weight was also a bonus but not critical. for my hands the S5 is just about big enough, i don't think id want it to be any smaller. The EVF could be a little better but the 120fps mode is a nice compensation for the lower resolution. You will likely get pretty identical results in final images, it mostly comes down to ergonomics and user experience. would you rather have the more solid heavier camera with high res EVF and tilt screen? or the smaller, lighter, flippy screen one with the lower res displays? for me the S5 fit the bill better as the more general purpose camera. its still very versatile, despite being smaller, i can stick on my sigma 100-400 and go to the nature reserve or i can mount the little 45mm f2.8 and just take it with me on a casual walk or day trip.

Jsake's gear list:Jsake's gear list
Sony a7R III Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sigma 45mm F2.8 DG DN Panasonic Lumix S 20-60mm F3.5-5.6 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow