Nikkor 18-140,Should I buy a second lens?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Bernard Delley Senior Member • Posts: 1,737
consider 16-80mm f/2.8-4

SerkanB wrote:

Hello,

I bought 18-140 lenses along with the D5600.I've been using it for about a year. During this time,I have two minor complaints about this lens:low light in photos and insufficient viewing angle for landscape photos.

I am a daily user who shoots streets, cities, people and landscapes.I don't do professional shots, I just want quality photos.

Do you think I should buy a second lens?Or is the current lens sufficient for my intended use?And of course, your lens recommendation...

Thanks...

16 mm (24mm FF equivalent) is a surprising lot wider than 18 mm.  I would say that even wider than 16mm gets you into ultra-wide angle photography. That can also be appealing and interesting, but is specialized and requires attention to many details, like alignment, junk that gets included in the image to the sides, etc. For ultra-wide shooting the 10-20mm lens is a weight and cost effective  solution.

If wide angles are  important for you, the 16-80 makes for faster single lens walk around combo.

If narrower viewing angles are more important, then the 18-140 may be the better choice. If even narrower viewing angles are desired, add a 70-300mm lens to your bag.

For quality photos, be careful about content, composition and also exposure, focus and aperture setting.

Bernard Delley's gear list:Bernard Delley's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow