Active D-Lighting on D810

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Nikon_Enthusiast Regular Member • Posts: 301
Re: Active D-Lighting on D810

Wahrsager wrote:

Nikon_Enthusiast wrote:

So, in another thread I was told the camera should account for the roughly 3 or 4 tenths of lost light in my 70-200 compared to it's in theory aperture/light being let in, I wonder if he was assuming I was using metering to set my exposure.

I have no idea about this kind of stuff. I just go by the meter combined with what metering mode I've chosen which is usually Matrix.

Is this first meter an external meter? Your wording seems to indicate there are two, or are you just describing to different in camera uses of metering?

What I took from what he said is that I will set the manual exposure and the camera will automatically compensate for lost light since nikon has profiles for their lenses.

Sounds like an interesting theory.

He wasn't super specific or clear, that's sort of me reading between the lines. If nikon can correct distortion why can't they correct loss of light, it should be consistent and measurable right?

The only problem with that theory is it still exposes perfectly at sunny f16 rule sometimes.

Nikon_Enthusiast's gear list:Nikon_Enthusiast's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon 35mm F1.8G ED Nikon 24mm F1.8G ED +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow