Active D-Lighting on D810

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Wahrsager
Wahrsager Senior Member • Posts: 2,606
Re: Active D-Lighting on D810

Nikon_Enthusiast wrote:

Wahrsager wrote:

Nikon_Enthusiast wrote:

This is bright daylight sunny f16 rule sorta stuff. And I had two lenses exposing one scene differently (on different cameras so that's why I thought something was going on in camera).

Personally, I've learned to trust my (DSLR) camera meters and dial in + or - based on the overall tones of whats in the viewfinder and use Auto ISO.

So, in another thread I was told the camera should account for the roughly 3 or 4 tenths of lost light in my 70-200 compared to it's in theory aperture/light being let in, I wonder if he was assuming I was using metering to set my exposure.

I have no idea about this kind of stuff.  I just go by the meter combined with what metering mode I've chosen which is usually Matrix.

What I took from what he said is that I will set the manual exposure and the camera will automatically compensate for lost light since nikon has profiles for their lenses.

Sounds like an interesting theory.

The only problem with that theory is it still exposes perfectly at sunny f16 rule sometimes.

Wahrsager's gear list:Wahrsager's gear list
Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z50 +27 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow