Considering the Shimoda x30 or Peak Design Backpack

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
nhr5005 Junior Member • Posts: 32
Re: Considering the Shimoda x30 or Peak Design Backpack

I have no experience with Shimoda but I have the V1 PD everyday backpack, 20L version. I rather like the bag, it holds my DSLR w/ WA lens attached, 70-200, and one other lens, my filters, and a tripod pretty much at all times. The extra lens gets swapped out from time to time, and the top portion of the bag is usually empty (I can put, say, my lunch up there, or a water bottle, clothes, etc.), or if I take my drone with me it takes up most of what's left.

I've done some dayhiking with the PD bag and I have to say for longer than a few hours it starts to get uncomfortable--the shoulder straps are pretty hard and they start to dig in to your shoulders after a while. It's fine for quick jaunts around town or an hour or two, but long hikes when you're loaded with your gear, some extra layers, and water, it's a bit much. (For this case I would look for a dedicated hiking bag and find a way to put your camera in there--there's a good thread about this by the user "Chris 222").

nhr5005's gear list:nhr5005's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow