What's your UFO lens?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
C Sean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,123
What's your UFO lens?

Today, I was watching the usual youtube stuff and I decided to check out news reports on UFOs. Remember this is a photography forum, so please keep this photography related.

In the clip below, a man made an argument there is like 3 billion smart phones and no one got good pictures or videos of UFOs.

In my opinion, when it comes photos or footage of say like Loch Ness Monster. I think it's important to have camera experts to look at the evidence. There they will have the skills to call the evidence either credible or fake etc.

Regarding the clip, mobile phones are useless for taking photos of high flying planes. So why would they be credible for wingless object high in the sky, when they are rubbish at taking photos of Jumbo jets? To get decent photos of a plane high in the sky, you'll need wildlife/sport lenses and the majority of the public doesn't have access to them. Most wildlife or sport photographers don't walk around with their gear either when they pop into the corner shop for a bottle of milk.

So here's my question, say there is a UFO flying about outside your home. What camera equipment at your disposal would you use to photograph it?

In my situation, if it was daytime, I would use my Panasonic G9 + the PL 100-400. Giving me a focal length of 200-800mm. If it's night time then I would try the 35-100mm 2.8 and if that fail then I'll give the 25mm 1.4 or the 42.5mm 1.7 a go.

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow