Unofficial Train, Plane and Tram thread #13

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lan Veteran Member • Posts: 3,120
Unofficial Train, Plane and Tram thread #13

Following on from #12 here's the latest instalment (#13) of the Unofficial Train, Plane and Tram thread. Thank you for all your contributions so far, please keep them coming - all contributions are welcome!

Here are a few of my favourites from Spring in Holland taken back in 2017, all taken somewhere between Haarlem and Leiden I think.

Here a NS Sprinter (Nederlandse Spoorwegen Stadsgewestelijk Materieel) 2963 passes through a field of brilliant red tulips:

NS Sprinter SGMm 2963 passes through the bulb fields of Holland

This time an NS VIRM (Verlengd InterRegio Materiee) passes through a field of mixed Hyacinths, Daffodils and Tulips:

An unidentified NS VIRM passes through a mixed field of Hyacinths, Daffodils and Tulips. Heat haze obscured the numbers...

Another unidentified NS VIRM heads through the tulips:

Another unidentified NS VIRM glides through a field of brilliant red Tulips. Unfortunately the sign obscured the number on this one...

NS VIRM (with NL NS 94 84 4901031-3 leading) glides colourfully through the tulips:

NS VIRM (with NL NS 94 84 4901031-3 leading) glides through the tulips

More information on these classses of NS EMU can be found here NS SGMm and here NS VIRM if you're interested. To me the VIRM is unusual as we haven't had any double-decked passenger trains in the UK for many years.

I look forward to seeing your contributions to this thread!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow