Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
WT21 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,450
Re: Because …

jwilliams wrote:

northlondon43 wrote:

WT21 wrote:

northlondon43 wrote:

WT21 wrote:

These are so different…That I do not think a comparison of their light gathering capabilities is really the point at all. The shooting experience, the handling experience, the carry experience, the whole point of both, other than roughly the same FOV (and even then the aspect ratio is different), is so completely different.

if all I cared about was low light, AF, and Technical IQ (Corner sharpness, Vignetting, etc) the Oly is better (At least on a modern m43 body), but the x100 has just a whole different point to it’s existence.

Hi. The comparison is the point for me , hence the post.

The comparison makes no practical sense but the answer is the Oly.

In what way doesn't it make sense? It's a technical question that I simply asked for a non technical answer. Why is it so difficult on this forum to get an answer without people like you making it into an argument?

Because many here aren't interested in helping anyone understand photography. Been that way for a long time unfortunately.

My answer was about expanding understanding, in terms of how these two lenses are very different.

Also, you committed the unforgivable sin (to many) of asking about cross platform comparisons. To talk about any other format is blasphemy to many here.

none of my answer fell into the “sins” you mention. Others had already answered OPs specific question, so while I answered it (see my second paragraph in the first answer) the details and math had already been covered by others.

Just learn who to ignore. There is an 'ignore user' function (under 'more options') that will block viewing someone's replies unless you choose otherwise. I use it liberally on this forum.

-- hide signature --

Jonathan

Jonathan, your point is well taken about the ignore list, and I will certainly put you on mine.

WT21's gear list:WT21's gear list
Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH Panasonic 100-300mm F4-5.6 II Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN Olympus E-PL7 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow