Portraits with M6II

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Miguel-C
Miguel-C Senior Member • Posts: 2,147
Re: Portraits with M6II

Mongrel wrote:

Miguel-C wrote:

I love your work and I agree, the lens selection for this mount is just fantastic for portraits. I do prefer the sigma 30mm over the 32mm, but hey, more options.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Sigma 30mm vs the Canon 32mm sometime Miguel. The Canon is usually touted as the M mount “L” lens. But currently runs about $200 more than the Sigma (I believe?).

I have been admiring your work with the M6 in other threads for quite some time now.

I appreciate it, I have an m5 though. Could you be confusing me with someone else?

If you want the ultimate sharpness the 32mm is the way to go. It is very "L" like indeed. I find it's rendering of the out of focus areas a bit harsher due to its ultra sharpness even at 1.4 and that is common with their new 50mm f1.2 where it produces sharp bokeh balls.

The sigma isn't as sharp, by a tad, but it's background rendering is smoother. Everything just melts away and the bokeh is rounder. I believe both of them have fringing wide open, the sigma certainly has.

-- hide signature --

Cordial Regards

Miguel-C's gear list:Miguel-C's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EOS M5 Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow