Dimage A2 Sure Does Hold Its Charge

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Paul Barnard
Paul Barnard Veteran Member • Posts: 3,792
Re: Dimage A2 Sure Does Hold Its Charge

Renato1 wrote:

FrancoD wrote:

I am guessing that the original internal battery is similar to the one I have in my solar powered watch. They can last 20 or more years and survive with very little charge for an extended time.

I have had mine for over 15 years and the "solar panel" is a 2mm or so ring around the watch face.

Mine is called CTL1616.

Thanks for the possible explanation.
I wish that whatever Minolta did with internal batteries, Nikon had done with their pathetic Coolpix internal batteries.
Cheers,
Renato

There are three typical options used for settings retention. First is using a simple battery. These are usually some kind of lithium technology button cell which are not chargeable in the device.  This can provide settings retention for a couple of years of no main battery. The second approach is to have the retention battery chargeable. This is a better option as the life can be many years but still does have a limit on charge cycles. The third method is using a device called a super capacitor. This has a very long life but less hold over time than a chargeable battery.

Paul Barnard's gear list:Paul Barnard's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow