My Nikon F has Returned in a New Body

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
z2122
z2122 Senior Member • Posts: 1,639
Re: My Nikon F has Returned in a New Body

ahinesdesign wrote:

randolin wrote:

Seems more like the Nikon-E series. And gimmicky to me. Z-system FF I won't go, Z-system APS-C doesn't convince me (Z50, no in-body stabilization, lack of primes as with DX). I keep my D7500/300/4PF for birding and for the rest I'm back in the mFT camp.

Actually, I wonder whether the Z fc is a questionable production decisions as the Olympus E-M1x, at the other end of the price spectrum.

I agree that DX was a misstep, considering how few DX lenses they have available or on the road map. Will Nikon surprise everyone with a rapid expansion of DX glass? Nikon's previous 22-year history in digital cameras indicates they will not.

Existing F/1.8 primes do not make much sense on the Zfc, even the 35mm and 50mm being the smallest of the bunch; people complain that they are too big even for FX.

Then again, if Nikon had stuffed a FX sensor inside, fist-fights would be breaking out at camera stores just to get one's name on the waiting list...

I suppose there could be plans for an eventual FX version, but I'm not holding my breath.

if the Zfc is a big success, Nikon will eventzbring out a FF Zfc . So we all should buy as many Zfc as possible to get the desired FF Zfc

-- hide signature --

catch the light - explore emotions

z2122's gear list:z2122's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow