Canon R versus R5

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
NowHearThis
NowHearThis Veteran Member • Posts: 4,230
Re: Canon R versus R5

Dragos Varovici wrote:

The main decision point between Canon R versus R5 is the AF. I am not a wildlife shooter and not concerned at this moment with animal AF, but I would like to know how much worse is the AF on the R, as the price difference is huge.

Let me solve your problem. Stop thinking in terms of worse, you'll always be let down if you start with negatives.  Is the Canon R's AF good?  Yes.  It the R5 better?  Yes.  Will you notice in S-AF, not on everything, both are dang quick.  The Eye AF will pickup at longer distances, but the cameras will lock focus super quick.  In C-AF the R5 will have a little advantage but if you aren't doing a lot of action it probably won't matter.

The Canon R would be fast enough for me and what I do Landscapes, travel, street, action, weddings, portraits, etc.  And I know this because I've done it with far lesser gear.

You have to decide if you need the extras the R5 bring to continuous focus and Eye-AF for people and animals.

-- hide signature --

NHT

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow