Olympus 17mm f1.2 vs Fujifilm x100v f2

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Ab Latchin Senior Member • Posts: 2,016
Re: Olympus 17mm f1.2 vs Fujifilm x100v f2

Simply put, the lens is 1.5rds stops faster, which Is greater than the sensor size difference, which is 2/3rds of a stop.

With that in mind you will get shallower DOF, and probably better noise performance with a current m43rds sensor. I don’t know much about the g85.

If you stop down the f1.2 to f1.4 or f1.8 it will certainly be a better lens than the Fuji. It is probably better wide open as well, simply by dint of its design.

Having said that as was mentioned further up the x100v and the 17 1.2 are for very different purposes. When I pull out the 1.2 lenses I have a very specific goal in mind and want specific looks.

I own the Olympus 17mm f1.8 as my small, take anywhere lens, in fact I have the trio of f1.8 primes as my small family/travel lenses. I would consider the Fuji very seriously if I didn’t have those alternatives and enjoy the focal length options (as opposed to a more pure shooting experience).

Just remember at f1.2 on the Olympus lens you are shooting say iso 800, on the Fuji you would be at ISO 2000-ish for the same shutter speed. I can certainly say the Fuji would not be as immaculate as others are suggesting.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow