Sony firmware updates on Apple silicon

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Brian_Smith
Brian_Smith Veteran Member • Posts: 3,431
Re: Sony firmware does update on the latest intel mac os 11.4

Zacarias wrote:

BlueJakester wrote:

Not only M1 Macs won’t work, but the latest version of MacOS on Intel won’t run the Sony installer program either.

I have an old 13” MacBook educational model that Apple stopped releasing OS updates for a while ago. It’s stuck on High Sierra 10.13.6 and runs the Sony installer. Thanks Apple

I have a friend with several A7 cameras needing firmware updates. I told him to send them to me. I’m still waiting

Sony firmware does update on the latest intel mac os version 11.4 Maybe you did not download and install the Sony driver first before installing the firmware update?

"Required Downloads

Read this section before downloading the file.

To install this update, you need to download the Sony Camera Driver first. For details, read the How to download the Sony Camera Driver section in this article."

The latest updates are compatible with MacOS 10.14, 10.15 & 11 and Intel Macs.

The Sony Camera Driver won't work with MacOS 10.13 or earlier.

Unfortunately certain Apple processors cannot be updated beyond MacOS 10.13. Planned obsolescence is part of the Apple business model.

Brian_Smith's gear list:Brian_Smith's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony a7S III Sony a1 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow