Buy A6600 now or wait for successor ?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sunster777 Junior Member • Posts: 31
Buy A6600 now or wait for successor ?

Hi. I'm on the verge of buying a new camera soon. I have just started my youtube channel and my needs are purely video in 4k with super sharp autofocus. Here is what happened over the past few months- Bought the Canon EOS Rp and returned it as the lenses were expensive and there was a lot of focus hunting. Now I use the Sony ZV1. One of the best cameras out there for YouTube albeit the 24-70 lens is a bit tight for vlogging and battery life is about 15-20 minutes while shooting 4k. I now have a buyer for the ZV1 and will need a new camera soon. I have narrowed it down to the A6600 with the Sigma 16mm 1.4 lens. Wont go with the 6400 as the battery on it is also not the best and I get Eye focus on the A6600. The difference in price between 6400 and 6600 is also not too big. The A7C is out of budget for me and frankly I don't see a huge quality difference in video to justify the price difference between the two. So my question is should I wait for the A6600 successor or just go with it. Just a bit of FOMO. Thanks...Sunny

Sony ZV-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow