Well, I didn't see this coming...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GreatOceanSoftware
GreatOceanSoftware Contributing Member • Posts: 664
Well, I didn't see this coming...

I've finally ended a multi-year search for a travel camera this spring. After trying several different brands and models, I landed on the X-E4 (never cared for its fixed-screen predecessors).

Having been used to the X-T3 since 2018 and the X-T1/2 before that, I've spent most of my time since I bought the new X-E4 studying it, trying different configurations, shooting it as much as I can, and trying to develop some new muscle memory (especially with that super-sensitive front dial click).

Anyway, I went out this morning for the first time in a while with my X-T3, and when I first pulled it out of the bag I was shocked how big it was. Or at least how big it seemed. I know it's smaller than a lot of other cameras, but my first reaction was actually a tad repugnant after shooting the smaller X-E4.

Don't get me wrong, the X-T3 is the best camera I've ever owned and it's one to be pulled from my dead hands, but my feeling now is the X-E4 is going to get more shutter actuations than I thought. I can even see it being 80/20, where I really only pull out the X-T3 to do special things, like astro (not so fiddly in the dark) or swinging my largest lenses.

Here's a shot of the new travel kit vs. my usual gear. The XT-3 is in a ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover 25 with the 18-135 and 8-16 zooms. The X-E4 is in a Mirrorless Mover 20 with the 16-80 and 10-24.

Anyway, just a bit of a revelation for me this morning, and I wondered how you might split time and applications between camera bodies.

-- hide signature --

Randy

GreatOceanSoftware's gear list:GreatOceanSoftware's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +7 more
Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow