Nikon Z6/7ii vs SonyA7R3 for day/night extra-long timelapse and astrophotography

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
lehill
lehill Veteran Member • Posts: 6,253
Re: Nikon Z6/7ii vs SonyA7R3 for day/night extra-long timelapse and astrophotography

R Martinez wrote:

Hello everyone, my name is Roberto, i would like to thank you in advance for your time and support . I come to this forum as a newbie in order to please ask you for some advice.

I really want to introduce myself to astrophotography, I've been playin around with my Nikon P600 but I want to take a step further so I want to purchase new gear !

Firstly I would like to share what my intentions are, I really love specifically "really long" timelapses and thats my main goal, both during day and night, as well as astrophotography with/without star-tracker.

I don't understand why it's necessary to make a gigantic leap from the P600 to these top-line cameras - especially if the cost terrifies you. These cameras may not even be the best ones to choose for time-lapse or astrophotography anyway.

I was thinking something like a new/used Nikon D7XX or D8XX + intervalometer + dummy battery would work very well. Nikon makes the D810A especially for astro, but I see they're very expensive. Other companies sell modified cameras for astro work.

-- hide signature --

Lance H

lehill's gear list:lehill's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony a99 II Sony a7R IV Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +28 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow