Win 11 system requirements and compatibility talk

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 21,892
Re: Win 11 system requirements and compatibility talk

Sean Nelson wrote:

Morris0 wrote:

In my experience, most eventually build that habit. I've even seen a very experienced systems programer who I was sitting next to in the mid 70s speak out loud as he went to clear a disk pack. Format disk 0 Yes/No? Yes .... Oh No!

We used to have a saying: there are two kinds of systems programmers: those who have screwed up, and those who are going to screw up.

I was doing routine maintenance on a mainframe replacing the lights in the push switches on the control panel.  A friend and coworker was observing this and chatting with my as I did it and pointed to one switch that I'd missed.  To remove the button one pushes it in and and holds  it down for a few seconds before releasing.  As I held in the button switch he had pointed out I realized it sad "Power"!  I was now the little boy with his thumb in the dike.  My friend stopped new batch jobs from running and when the last was about to end sent out warnings that the system was about to be restarted.  I had to stand there with my finger on the button for about 30 minutes.  When the message went out the operations manager came in and asked what was going on.  After he heard the story he stated that someone had done that to him.

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow