GX9 - portraits & landscapes

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Pete_W
Pete_W Senior Member • Posts: 1,715
Re: Panasonic S5 - lenses?

rashid7 wrote:

Hi Pete, i'd be glad to give you my input.

Canon lenses do well Using MC21 adapter from Sigma. I've got the nifty 50, original 70-200f4, and a canon-mount Tamron 35f1.4, all of which do accurate eye-AF. AF is not fast, but not rediculously slow either. Acceptable!

My best travel lens is the kit 20-60.

My favorite lenses, in addition to the Tamron, are Sigmas: 35 & 65 f2 lenses are beauties, the smaller 35 being most versatile. The 100-400, though i don't use it much, is excellent. My 14-24f2.8 dg dn is truly a wonder! All 4 of these lenses are native to L-mount, designed for mirrorless, and plenty quick to focus.

I also have an above-average manual Samyang 12mm f2.8 fisheye; =excellent sharpness. My only disappointment so far has been Laowa 14f4. Also a manual Sam 14f2.8, which i returned.

I am looking forward to testing a Lumix 50f1.8 and the Sigma 105f2.8 macro Art(!) , both of which get stellar reviews.

Thanks rashid7! Good to hear about the fast focusing on the Sigma native L-mounts. And the prices look reasonable on these. I just looked at prices for a few Pany and Leica lenses - whoa!!!

-- hide signature --

Pete

Pete_W's gear list:Pete_W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic G95 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow