GX9 - portraits & landscapes

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
thelightwriter Contributing Member • Posts: 584
Re: GX9 - portraits & landscapes

If I was going to go full frame it would probably Canon or Panasonic. Canon because I can get a 6D or 6D Mark II for cheap on the used market.

Panasonic because I'm already familiar with their MFT cameras. It'd depend on how much I can spend and how far I'd want to go into a full frame system.

I prefer my Olympus cameras for low light and night time photography over my GX85 the predecessor to the GX9. I haven't used a GX9 so I don't know how it compares to the GX85 but I like how my E-M10 III and E-M1 II handle low light noise better than how the GX85 does. My GX85 low light noise looks harsher.

I use my Olympus 12-40mm f2.8 pro for landscapes and portraits. Its one of my favorite lenses and the best MFT zoom lens I ever used.

If you have a near enough camera store that rents gear that might help or if it doesn't you could take your GX9 to the store with a friend and test the lenses? And also take a spare memory card and try out some full frame options?

I've done this a few times while shopping for lenses and most of the shops around here have always been happy to let me try before I buy.

thelightwriter's gear list:thelightwriter's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow