Considering the Shimoda x30 or Peak Design Backpack

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
SDreamer Junior Member • Posts: 45
Re: Considering the Shimoda x30 or Peak Design Backpack

Between those 2, I'd say the Shimoda will be the more comfortable. I've had the v1 of the Peak Design EDB 30L (FF probably need all the room you can get), and the harness system on the v2 is just a slight improvement, but not by much, especially the straps.  Also, the organization shelves can be lose on your gear because they're rigid shelves instead of moldable inserts). Shimoda has much beefier and wider straps, which should be much more comfortable and does seem to have more pockets for utility purposes, but it is more of a backpacking pack than an everyday type of carry.

If you're open to other suggestions, maybe take a look at WANDRD. I went from PD to WANDRD PRVKE because of comfort and it is a lot more noticable due to wider strap width lending to a more comfortable carry. Atlaspacks is another great pack for someone with a more backpacking centric focus. Looks like a need Athelete line is coming from them, and I tried them once and they were super comfortable, but at the same time, was backpacking centric so it had tons of straps I ended up gravitating away from them. Then there's always going with a hiking backpack with a TPM .

SDreamer's gear list:SDreamer's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow