Rokinon/Samyang 14mm F/2.4 SP/XP Lens Quality

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
nighthiker Contributing Member • Posts: 577
Re: Rokinon/Samyang 14mm F/2.4 SP/XP Lens Quality

Hi!

Samyang XP: I'm not absolutely sure about the sharpness in the corners, but the coma of the Samyang at f/2.4 is still slightly better (=less coma) than the coma of the Sigma A at f/2.4 .

I have 3 Samyang XP14/2.4 lenses (for meteor showers) and all three are OK. I tested sharpness and de-centering. With one Samyang lens I have had a contact-problem: Using it with the Canon EF-RF adapter on a Canon R the aperture was set to something like 2.8 and that's what was written into the EXIF data, but the used aperture was f/2.4. It took me a while to find that out with a HDR bracketing sequence. After cleaning the contacts of the lens and the adapter the lens is working fine again. I don't know were the problem was (adapter or lens) and I don't know were it was coming from as both were relatively new and I care of my equipment, but I was hiking with the stuff and working in harsh winter conditions. It was probably just an unlucky event.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow