Is the Pentax 16-45 the best lens ever?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
jamesm007 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,793
Re: Is the Pentax 16-45 the best lens ever?

For me it’s (and others I’ve read) the Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5. I just bought the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 (non VC). So I would have a fast walk around Zoom of course I’ve been using it because I want to see what It can do and it still has that new for me playability. I honestly thought it would be my favorite walk around Zoom but I still have some type of attraction to the Sigma . It’s optical quality is fairly good compared to the Tamara not as good however. The Sigma is a stop or two slower at least. However the Sigma makes up for that by being slightly more compact (but same weight). It has a higher quality feel. It’s longer reach of 70mm plus near Macro (although the Tamron is a close second in regards to macro) finishes the deal of making me regard it as my best go to lens. I guess a long time ago when I was struggling to decide between those exact two Sigma and Tamron I made the right choice then? This is interesting.

jamesm007's gear list:jamesm007's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED (IF) Fisheye Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mxx
mxx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow