Imaging resource K-3 III Field test

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
hikerdoc Senior Member • Posts: 2,959
Re: It's Sony trick!

zakaria wrote:

I am surprised how a company like Sony has pushed two ancient companies in the imaging sector, each of which is more than 100 years old.. to a new sector and a new adventure. How can Canon and Nikon give up 200 million lenses and a hundred years of experience to start over and equal the newly launched Sony from the gate Minolta. I think Sony deceived the two companies when it realized that it would not be able to compete in the DSLR sector and turned the market into mirrorless, where everyone is equal. It's Sony's trick that everyone fell into.

I am not sure how successfully developing and marketing new technology can be seen as trickery and deception. They gambled on an alternate technology and with persistence and results succeeded in shaping the market. Is Sonos deceiving the masses by offering wireless speakers? Is Tesla deceiving the masses by offering electric vehicles? Perhaps Ricoh is deceiving people by suggesting a resurgence of the DSLR market; or more likely just pragmatic, as Sony was with DSLR, in realizing they can not compete in a crowded MILC field with Fuji, Olympus, Sony, Panasonic, Sony, Nikon, Sigma, and Canon. If they are correct it will not be due to trickery and deception.

hikerdoc's gear list:hikerdoc's gear list
Apple iPhone 8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow