The new "Are any 150-400mm zoom orders being filled" thread

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Ken Gosden Senior Member • Posts: 2,935
Re: The new "Are any 150-400mm zoom orders being filled" thread

acfo wrote:

Doug Greenberg wrote:

The older one(s) are now buried, so let's start fresh.

There are many people who frequent these boards who have been waiting for a [...] a long time, perhaps since orders first opened last fall. Has anyone received their [...] over the past several weeks? The past two weeks? I personally know a person who ordered his on the very first day and still is waiting.

Wait, you mean there are still camera shops in some cities!?!?!  I live in Atlanta, one of the 10 largest cities in the USA, and we lost our last real camera shop a few years ago.  Even though I bought most of my Olympus gear directly from them.

You need to buildup a good relationship with your sales rep. Don't just go into the shop and ask for one.Buying a generous amount of accessories will help catch your sales reps attention. If they offer to put you on the waiting list, don't push it by asking if you can custom order. Count yourself lucky that you have made it to the list. For an off the shelf item you are in for a wait of 9 to 16 months, custom orders may take a lot longer.

We are talking about luxury handbags, aren't we?

Ken Gosden's gear list:Ken Gosden's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus Tough TG-3 Canon G5 X II Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow