Is it better to stick with Olympus or Panasonic lenses with the respective system cameras?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
RedDog Steve
RedDog Steve Senior Member • Posts: 1,915
Re: Sometimes Yes, Sometimes No

I generally prefer Panny and "Leica" branded lenses regardless which brand body. I started out with strictly Panny, but the GX1 now only serves as backup since I moved to Oly bodies (E-P5, E-M10s). I only have a few M.Z primes, no zooms. Although I was interested I avoided the Panny 7-14 due to the issue with Oly bodies. None of my crossbrand combinations have issues that affect image quality.

For the record, I initially chose Panny lenses because of the stabilization thinking that I might eventually switch back to a Panny body. Since Panny has since adopted IBIS that point is now moot.

bs1946 wrote:

. . .

The Panasonic-Leica DG Summilux 15mm f1.7 lens has a working aperture ring, plus an AF/MF switch. Both work on Panasonic bodies but are disabled on Olympus bodies.

The AF/MF switch on the 15mm Summilux works correctly on my E-M10 and E-M10 II.

-- hide signature --

I'm not a perfectionist, I'm a precisionist.
rd

RedDog Steve's gear list:RedDog Steve's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Leica Nocticron 42.5mm Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Leica DG Summilux 12mm F1.4 ASPH Panasonic 8-18mm F2.8-4 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow