Mac Keyboard help please?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP jeffnles1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,756
Re: here is what I'm seeing

Tom_N wrote:

jeffnles1 wrote:

James C. Murray wrote:

I wonder if you have activated some keyboard shortcut to access language accents.

i found something along these lines for using accents in Word, umlaut, circumflex accents etc.

I'm sure that's what I accidentally did, I just wish I knew an easier way to undo it than rebooting the computer (which works every time).

All that I have to do to get rid of it is to click outside the bubble (to do nothing), or inside the bubble (if I want to use one of the accents). At least for me, it is spring-loaded for a specific key stroke.

Yes, when I bring it up by holding a key down for a little bit, clicking outside the bubble is all that is needed.  There seems to be some strange sequence of events that causes it to pop up on every keystroke on a key that has an alternate use and the only way I know to get rid of it is to restart.  Like I said to the other fellow, if this is the worst thing to happen in my life, I'm a fortunate man.  Frustrating because I don't know how to make it happen / unhappen without restarting.  Not the end of the world though.

Jeff

jeffnles1's gear list:jeffnles1's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow