Potential GFX100S Bug Report

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MOD Hamiltionian Contributing Member • Posts: 929
Potential GFX100S Bug Report

TL;DR:  Camera refused to buffer more than one image at a time.  FIxed by resetting to factory default settings.

I was setting my camera up for a shoot and ran into what is either a bug or something I don't understand in the settings.  If the former, hopefully this thread is helpful.  If the later, I would appreciate enlightenment.

I set the camera up to shoot Raw + Normal Jpeg, adjusted some of the Jpeg settings, and then set the camera to write Raw to card 1 and Jpeg to card 2.  After doing this, the camera refused to buffer more than one image at a time.  After each shot, the screen would go black except for the 'busy' text as the image was written to the card, usually about 2 seconds, and wouldn't allow me to take more than one image.  If I switched over to burst mode as opposed to single shot, this behavior went away and I could shoot freely.  But I couldn't select back to single shot mode until the buffer had cleared.

After going through the menus several times changing a variety of the image quality and save data settings, I couldn't get the behavior to change.  Eventually I decided to return to factory default settings and this cleared up the issue.  I went back and replicated the settings I wanted for the shoot, and the problem didn't reappear.  So, did I just overlook some setting that forces the buffer to clear?

-- hide signature --

Stay Calm and Carry Cameras
https://thecentercolumn.com/

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow