Mac Keyboard help please?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jeffnles1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,756
Mac Keyboard help please?

OK don't laugh (too hard).

I am using an Apple "magic" keyboard - bluetooth on an MacBook Pro M1.  However this also happened from time to time on my iMac from 2013 so it's not the M1 Mac.

Once in a while, I must hit some magic combination of keys that slows my keyboard down and with every keystroke a little bubble appears above the cursor with series of alternate characters. It is the same thing as if you press a key and hold it down for a few seconds, the little menu comes up above where you can select a special character. However, it comes up with every keystroke which is quite bothersome.

I've gotten into some keyboard helper or something that allows me to put special characters but the only way I know to get out of it is to reboot the computer. I would imagine hitting the same keystrokes that brought it up would make it go away but I have no idea what I clicked to get there.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

jeffnles1's gear list:jeffnles1's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow