Decision time Z6ii vs Z7ii

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CliveTJ Regular Member • Posts: 242
Decision time Z6ii vs Z7ii

I've read up on the pros and cons of 24 and 45 MP sensors in these bodies. It seems that more folks here go for the Z7 rather than the Z6. There will be times when 45MP would be useful to me (- mainly I do general & travel photography but some product photos too. Just as important (or more important) as resolution in low light performance / focusing ability. Both the 6 and 7 I believe are very good in low light with the 6 being just a little better, in terms of focusing and high ISO. In real use though, is there a practical difference?  Buffer size / fps don't matter much to me.

Whilst I'm not a video fiend, I may do a few. Will it bug me if I get a 7 that the Z6ii is slightly better for video?

BTW I'm only considering buying new as in the UK the ii versions make more sense as with current Nikon discounts the "i" and the ii are pretty much the same price.

Do I splurge the extra for the Z7ii vs the Z6ii?  Whilst the extra cost of the Z7ii over the Z6ii is a bit painful, it's not so bad that I won't go there.

From the photographylife review:

Unless you really need the extra resolution of the Z7 II, the Nikon Z6 II is clearly a better choice for most photographers out there. It is significantly cheaper, has better autofocus and continuous shooting capabilities, a large buffer that fits more images (since files are smaller), and it performs better in low-light situations. Keep in mind that 24 MP is a sweet spot for most types of photography including portraiture, wedding, travel and event photography, so if you primarily shoot in these genres, go with the Z6 II and don’t look back.

The 6 sounds like my sweetspot...does anyone want to talk me out of the 6 for the 7?

CliveTJ's gear list:CliveTJ's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +2 more
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 Nikon Z7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
MOD TOF guy
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow