I found nothing on the internet about this lens...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Focus Breather
OP Focus Breather Senior Member • Posts: 1,407
Re: I found nothing on the internet about this lens...

Heritage Cameras wrote:

Aoi Usagi wrote:

Heritage Cameras wrote:

I think the lens looks odd because the rubber focusing grip has been replaced. Notice how it's recessed inside the outer edges of the metal focus ring?

Yes I do see it. The Sigma's that I have come across have thick block style rubber focusing grip, that sometimes have the Sigma brand name molded into them. I am sure they needed to remove the Sigma branding, since its a Pentacon.

More over, I usually look at things like the text font and distance scale markings to compare to other lenses. Usually those details don't get changed for rebranding purposes.

A similar (but not identical) lens sold on eBay recently:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pentacon-Auto-3-5-200-Electric-Japanese-lizenzbau-RARE-/252124065322

This one has the same YS mount, but a different (later) aperture ring with rubber grip. This style was also used by Sigma lenses of the period.

Great finding. I have searched Web Archive of the link you provided. I have found original listing with original pictures. Indeed, that lens looks similar, but not identical:

Original listing (archived)

-- hide signature --

www.PlaninaTara.rs

Focus Breather's gear list:Focus Breather's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony a7 III Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow